Training Schedule: Week of July 7

Circuit training on Mon/Weds was good - worked hard. Track training Tuesday was GREAT (seriously, I mean it!) with my strong and steady supports (Dianne, Robin, and Andria. Hey, where was Beth?) Started off with drills: toe walking, heel walking, side stepping, grapevines, high knees, butt kickers, lunges (I think?). Then my group ran with Coach Doug (the Olympian). 6 laps total - alternating between slow pace, medium pace, then FAST pace, then repeated the laps. As Robin said, we set the bar so low for the slow pace, we could've limboed under it. I felt so good during the FAST pace - granted I couldn't talk and would not have been able to continue another lap. BUT, I could feel the rhythm to the breathing and running and I could definately tell that my core is strengthening up. Building up my six-pack! My second fast lap was 1 min 59 sec! I must say, I did well tonite! Oh, we did stretching at the end with otter pops in hand. Thursday's Buddy run - 5 miles. For Saturday's long run, I am now shooting for 10 miles - eek!

2 comments:

Dianne Rambke said...

Yay Janine! I can't believe how fast you were last night. I'm so impressed, and a little intimidated :) I'll try and catch up to you next time!

L said...

I was injured that time. :(