Training Schedule: Week of July 21

Cross training MONDAY was a strenuous day of watching my kids (and husband) dig holes in the sand then bury themselves. Ouch, I pulled a muscle.
TRACK TUESDAY was spent doing "hill repeats." What is a hill repeat? According to coach Tim, it is when you run up a hill, come down, then repeat. First we warmed up (a mile run?) Then did hill repeats on Miles Ave. in Los Gatos for about 15 minutes. We also had a "Long Run Round Table Discussion." All the good stuff about what to eat before, during, and after an endurance event and why you need to replenish simple carbs during an endurance event - gotta replace that glycogen or you'll feel really sick during and after the run. Also... that now is the time to experiment with foods, gu, clothing as we increase mileage into the double digits. I slirped down gu during my 12 mile run and what a difference it made! Back to my training schedule...

Circuit training on Wednesday with 15 minutes of stretching at the end.

During the first 2 miles of THURSDAY'S BUDDY RUN, I felt uncoordinated and awkward. That mellowed out and I got into a groove to complete 5 miles in 55 minutes WITH a 3min run: 2min walk interval.

So, J9...WHAT'S UP for SATURDAY's COACH LED RUN? Waddell Creek just south of Ano Nuevo. My goal...12 miles.

No comments: