Thanksgiving Day Turkey Trot

On Thanksgiving Day I ran the 10K Silicon Valley Turkey Trot. I started off with 5 of my TnT friends and ended up running nearly the whole thing with two of my mentees (James and Andria)! That's them in a pic. We had fun running in and between children, strollers, and walkers. I ran it in 1:10:15. I felt like I pushed myself and made a very foolish error with about three-quarters of a mile to go. I bolted way too fast thinking the end was nearer than it. I couldn't sustain the speed and soon Andria came up effortlessly behind me as I huffed and puffed. I'm glad we caught up with each other, because it was really nice running across the finish line together. After picking up my swag and eating a banana, I made it to the kids' fun run area just in time to see my oldest run across his first finish line at the very front of the pack! The little guy ran a few minutes earlier and came in second. They were super excited to earn their first medals. What a great way to start off Thanksgiving!

No comments: