Couch Potater Turned Marathon Trainee, now MARATHONER!

Yahoo, I'm in it for the long haul now - a running addict for a cause. I'm sucked into Team In Training for Season 2: The Napa Marathon. I'm in for the cause (raising money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society), the comraderie, the coaching, the inspiration.

This season will be very different as it is the....ooooooo.....winter season. Cold, rain, wind, fog, on some familiar trails and a few new ones - I'm really looking forward to 20 miles in Monterey. I've heard GREAT things about that run. Waddell Creek and Natural Bridges will be familiar runs with the added bonus of MUD. Unfortunately, Lake Mersucks-I mean Merced, will not be on the schedule. My goal is to improve my endurance and speed, and complete the marathon in 5:30. I'm pretty sure it can be done - 5:45 is a NO brainer. Perhaps I'll knock of even more time, we shall see.................

1 comment:

Jen said...

And my goal is to keep up with you so I am not left behind ;)