12 Rounds of Core Strength

'Tis the season to continue track workouts. Cancer doesn't take a break so why should Team in Training? It was a small group tonite since so many people were out of town or getting ready for the holidays. (By the way, I have 11 coming for Christmas dinner - but I showed up.)

Tonite Coach Kris put together a "fun" little Christmas carol inspired circuit training workout - 12 circuits total, with one lap of jogging in between each circuit. The carol? 12 Rounds of Core Strength to the tune of the Twelve Days of Christmas. The carol led us through our training. AND YES...what we sang was EXACTLY what we had to endure. Sing it with me!

On the first round of core strength, my mean coach sent to me
A fifteen second front plank.
(jog a lap)

On the second round of core strength, my mean coach sent to me
Two standing squats,
And a fifteen second front plank.
(jog a lap)

On the third round of core strength, my mean coach sent to me
Three jumping jacks,
Two standing squats,
And a fifteen second front plank.
(jog a lap)

........and so on...you get the picture, leading to the final round...

On the twelfth round of core strength, my mean coach sent to me
Twelve blazin burpees,
Eleven toes a-prancing,
Ten crabs a-walking,
Nine count side planks, (both sides, no cheating!)
Eight butts a-kicking, (not the coaches, kick your own)
Seven speed skaters,
Six runners running,
Five push-ups!
Four walking lunges,
Three jumping jacks,
Two standing squats,
And a fifteen second front plank!


Well done on the carol, Coach Kris! I'm sore already. So...those of you who missed track - you've got no excuse to say, "I didn't know what to do?" By the way, don't sass the coach - 'cause she'll sit on your hip while you do the side plank (both sides).

Coach Bob and Coach Doug did a different training rendition of the 12 days - check it out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2oPio60mK4

Whatever your holiday ---- enjoy this time of year with your friends and family!

No comments: