Training Schedule: Week of June 23

Mon./Weds. I did circuit training for 35 minutes (then stretching, of course!). Tuesday was timed trials night at the track - I did 5K (3 or so miles) in 42 min and 09 sec!! Hey, remember I am a novice runner. I felt really good during the run and never felt like dying or throwing up. I kept with the 3min run/1 min walk. My goal at this point is to maintain 14min miles. I ran 3 miles at Thursday's buddy run (3min run/2min walk). I didn't want to push too hard, because I'm shooting for SIX miles for Saturday's long run. WOO HOO! I DID 6 MILES ON SATURDAY in 1 hour/20 min while running 3 min/walk 1min pace! I felt good throughout but felt my best between the 2 and 4 mile marks. My lung capacity is increasing and my heart is becoming more efficient - I can now run and talk at the same time. At the end, I felt like I could have gone 7 miles. And hey, based on Tuesday's track, my estimated marathon time was 7 hrs 19 min. Based on Saturday's run, my estimated time is only 6 hrs and 34 min!

1 comment:

Jennifer Waits said...

Wow...congrats on going 6 miles. And, I'm impressed that you've been out there in the hot and smoky weather.