Training Schedule: Week of June 16


It's been a tough training week - Coach Doug (Olympic athlete 1988, now orthopedic massage therapist) checked out my ankle on Tuesday. Tendon issue. Ran/walked for 3 laps in 10 mins (not bad!). Could only complete half of relay (I did 5 laps!) before tendon soreness started up again. Honoree Doug (different Doug) told his story. His doctor left a message on his answering machine telling him he had cancer. Jeez.

On Wednesday and Thursday, I iced my foot at work. Swam laps for 25 minutes on Wednesday! Per Doug's orders, did nothing but stretch on Friday.

Then Saturday....Calero County Park - started running 8:30am-ish. Here's the lowdown - hilly, hot, dirt trail shared by horses (you know what that means!), and did I mention that it was HOT (96F at 10:30am). We were off the trail by 10am due to a heat imposed health advisory. I did manage nearly 4 miles of run/walk (started at 3min.:1min, but changed to 1:1 because of the heat). After the two mile mark, I walked up and down steep inlcines. Because of the hills and conditions, this 4 miles was the equivalent of 6 flat miles. End of run bagels, watermelon, water, juice provided by TNT captains and mentors (yahoo!). No ankle pain before, during, or after! I think I'm outta the woods. Next week, back to the non-injury regular training schedule.

No comments: